If you are looking for a video baby monitor with the best long range distance, you have come to the right place.
We understand the pain you are going through with all the noise in your head!
What noise? The noise of reading so many opinions & so many reviews as to which baby monitor genuinely works at long distances with their false promises in their promotions and descriptions. Have the cameras started flying on antennas in your dreams?
We are here for you. We’ve been there, and we still go through the same pain everytime we decide to purchase something as important as a baby monitor, a crib or a stroller etc..
After all, it’s more to do with making sure that we are always for our little munchkins 😉
We’ve gone through the messy selection of baby monitors out there claiming to work at long distances, even 900ft & beyond, but the customer reviews say otherwise. It is rude & unethical to sell to our weakness without ACTUALLY fulfilling said requirement!
You deserve to relax and live your life. With a good quality monitor, you can move about OUTSIDE the vicinity of your munchkin and finish your daily chores, watch TV, workout, EAT, TAKE A SHOWER and much more.
Recommended Long Range Video Baby Monitor
We have actually divided this into 2 types. The IP Camera Model and the Standard Baby Monitor with Receiver.
As you continue below, you will be able to finalize your decision on the best type to fit your requirements.
We make it easy for you by outlining the pro and cons of both types and who it is actually fit for.
So without wasting time, let’s go to it.
The IP / WIFI Camera – Baby Monitor with the Longest Distance Range
With an IP Type Baby Monitor, you can watch from any part of the world, as long as you are connected to the internet. All you need is an app to install on your phone or computer and voila!
- Pan and zoom
- Tilt the camera 360
- Two way audio
- Night Vision
- Video Recording
- Take Pictures
- Motion sensor + Alarm
- You need to use your phone to watch or alteast buy another phone just for this purpose – (DOOGEE X20 Android Smartphone is Only $67.99 @ Amazon.com)
- You need a wireless router (Set up instructions are very easy to follow, included with the camera)
Who is this recommended for
We have used both the below model and the IP Model and we love the IP model. It’s been 4+ years and we are still using the same unit without any issues. Although we fight on whose phone should be used to watch the baby, it still doesn’t beat the benefits!
#1 Pick – YI Dome Camera, 1080p HD Indoor Pan/Tilt/Zoom Wireless IP Security Surveillance System with Night Vision, Motion Tracking (Available in Black & White)
- 1080p High-definition
- 112° wide-angle advanced glass lens with 345° horizontal & 115° vertical rotation range create a complete 360° coverage.
- Advanced night vision with 8 built-in 940nm infrared LED beads extend the viewing distance to 3 meters in pitch dark with no light pollution, so your baby or pet will not be disturbed by LED glare.
- Responsive and advanced microphone with a built-in anti-noise filter for a clear 2-way Audio experience.
- Intercom Mode: one party to talk and listen at a time
- Hands-free Mode: both parties talk and listen freely for maximum flexibility.
- Receive real-time Activity Alerts while you’re out. 10-sec motion tracking records and centers the moving object
- Supports connectivity with multiple cameras. Can watch them all at the same time with one app!
- App available for iOS and Android
- PC app available for viewing.
- Upto 32GB Micro SD Card Supported
- Multiple installation options: Ceiling, Wall, Counter-top
I only have it for a couple of days but man it works great.. so easy to connect.. works just as described .. I have no complaints.. – Verified Customer Review at Amazon.com
love this camera! It does everything we wanted it to. Grandpa is in assisted living and we can watch him day and night. We can even talk to him and remind him to stay in bed or tell him that will be late for a visit. – Verified Customer Review at Amazon.com
I’m in love with this camera. I believe I read somewhere that it wouldn’t work in cold temperatures. Well here in Alaska it recently got 25 below zero degrees Fahrenheit. The camera still functioned properly. I love it. Best security camera. I’ll only buy YI. – Verified Customer Review at Amazon.com
Best Long Range Baby Monitor – The Standard Model
- Pan, tilt + Zoom
- Two way audio
- Router is not required.
- Receiver is included, saves cost
- Simpler to set up
- The receiver is bulky. You can’t slide it into your pocket like a slim phone.
- Short Battery Life + Requires a specific charging adapter. (At least a phone can be charged with a power bank)
- Limited signal range.
- Short night vision range.
- Unable to replace parts. If you receiver breaks, your camera is worthless and vice versa.
- No video recording
- No snapshots feature
- No Motion sensor
Who is this recommended for
If you are the type of person who cannot or does not like the techy part about setting up a WIFI Baby Monitor as recommended above, this is the best for you.
* Please stick with a proper unit in order to save time and money. Going with cheap brands can be a nightmare when it comes to warranty and repairs.
#1 Pick – Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor with Interchangeable Optical Lens
- First-ever monitor with interchangeable optical lens capability – allowing you to customize viewing angle and zoom
- Large 3.5 inches full color lcd display in sleek, compact unit with retractable antenna, with sound-activated led display
- Remote pan, tilt and digital zoom
- Long battery life, 10 hours on power-saving mode, 6 hours with screen on
- Note: With power saving mode, the screen stays off. It only wakes up for movements and sounds. Similar to motion detection feature.
- One optical zoom lens included
- Troubleshoot steps is to simply re-pair the camera unit with the monitor unit as explained in the user manual page 13. Press Menu button, select to ADD a camera channel, press and hold the PAIR button underneath the camera unit.
- One (1) Optical Zoom Lens included.
- Wide Angle Lens sold seperately
- Note: Allows you to get a wider coverage of the area you are watching with your camera.
What do customers have to say
I use this to monitor my son every night. He suffers from nocturnal seizures. This has allowed me to have a lot more piece of mind during the night. Only negative thing I can say is sometimes it loses signal but it reconnects fairly quickly. – Verified Customer Review at Amazon.com
Our friends have recommended this monitor us and now we know why! It is easy to set up, the image is clear both during the day and night, and the screen is large compared to other monitors we looked at! We will definitely be recommending this to other friends! – Verified Customer Review at Amazon.com
After a lot of research, we ended up choosing this Infant Optics DXR 8 video baby monitor and we love it! The video and sound quality is great even at night and it provides a very long range between the monitor and camera to use everywhere in the house. We are very happy with our purchase! – Verified Customer Review at Amazon.com
Product came today. Setup took 10 minutes without instruction. Range is incredible, and picture and sound are exceptional compared to other cameras we’ve had. Love the long cords as well. – Verified Customer Review at Amazon.com
-The range is great in my house, I never really have any hiccups. The only thing I would say is that every now and then I do notice the cell interference. – Verified Customer Review at Amazon.com